nottscountysrb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a day down the smoke

2 posters

Go down

a day down the smoke Empty a day down the smoke

Post  tony p Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm

hi there all . just a little report from fulham . apologies for lack of fine detail but much alcohol was consumed before ko to settle the nerves .
we met in the centre of nottm , where with another 87 , we boarded the two t.i.t.s tours buses . with no problems on the road we were dropped off outside the ground at 11 45 . a quick walk down the fulham palace road and over into putney saw us walk past several hundred notts fans desperate for the pubs to open . several ( cough ) pints later we left and went into the away stand next to the cottage , they use this as changing rooms , and up into our seats at the end nearest the river . the local paper has said tonight about 4500 notts fans in there , not sure where the other 1500 would have sat in the stand !
just before three the teams came out to black , white and blue balloons and notts fans easily outsinging the home end . the magpie army never stopped singing , not when the 1st went in or the 2nd or the 3rd . you get the gist ? the scoreline made the game sound one sided , it wasnt. notts created several chances but premiership finishing was the differance . as notts grew tired it did become a little like one way traffic but you expect that .
funniest moment was in the middle of 2nd half when for some reason all the notts fans seemed to be singing at one fulham "who are ya ? " , "3 0 and you still dont sing " this bloke just stood up turned around and dropped his trousers at the notts fans . he sat down smugly but with about five minutes to go two pc plods went up to arrest him . can you imagine the 5000 notts fans waving and singing "cheerio " at him ? i would love to see the charge sheet !
after the match hughes , davies and westcarr i think threw their shirts into the crowd and milked the applause from the fans . this just left us with the hunt to find the buses and wait for the stragglers to find us . whilst we were waiting i remarked to someone that hughes had just walked past the bus and everyone laughed just claiming it be a bald headed bloke in a tracksuit till a couple of minutes later and kasper did the very same thing . i do think the new chairman is being a bit harsh making them walk home after such a narrow defeat !all the best ,

tony p

tony p

Back to top Go down

a day down the smoke Empty Re: a day down the smoke

Post  meadow lane Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 am

I was watching the game, you were incredible! 90 minutes constantly singing, even when result was 3 or 4 nil... We're very proud of you, for all the support you're givin' to this team!

Great report Tony, it looks like you had very nice down in London Smile Cottage looks amazing, but other Notts fans said to me that they weren't impressed with the pitch and the stands. What do u think about that? And also im quite interested in what u think about new chairman? Lads have done decent job this season, hope that we'll avoid administration and celebrate progress to CCL1! Smile
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

http://nottscountysrb.forumsr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 pm

hey there . personally i like fulham it is more of a traditional venue than the likes of the emirates or stamford bridge . these new super stadiums are ok but lack a soul . give me a rochdale or aldershot any day of the week .
as for mr trew , i cannot see another choice . i do think we are going to enter administration and that this team will be ripped apart . we are only supposed to spend 60 % of our income on players wages , we are supposed to have gone over this by another 290 % ! how can this be sustainable ?
anyway off to aldershot tomorrow . another bus organised but with more regular numbers this week . great little three sided ground and their fans know how to make an atmosphere hopefully there will be more notts fans there this time , last year there was only 200 made the mid week trip for a brilliant game of footy .
anyway keep the faith in the black and white ,
you piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies !

tony p

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 pm

And what if we go into administration? minus 10 points or what?
I heard about 290%, its horrible, can't understand how anyone could be such fool to do such a thing!? unless he/they had bad intentions... Aldershot tomorrow, quite a big test...YP!!!
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

http://nottscountysrb.forumsr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum