nottscountysrb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notts County FC - 2009/10

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Notts County FC - 2009/10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Notts County FC - 2009/10

Post  est 1862 Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Cotterill arrives as administration avoided
Posted on: Tue 23 Feb 2010
On a momentous day for Notts County Football Club, chairman Ray Trew is delighted to confirm that the club will not be placed into administration this season and that Steve Cotterill has been appointed as first team manager for the remainder of the current campaign.

With Wednesday's court appearance looming large on the horizon, Mr Trew and the board of directors were all too aware of the tight deadlines placed upon them in their bid to address the club's current financial problems and they have been working day and night since completing their takeover.

Whilst negotiations with creditors are still on-going, Mr Trew was keen to assure fans that he is confident enough in his assessment of the club's finances to announce that he can avoid the unwanted step of administration.

"It has always been our intention to avoid administration, which may have been an easier option, but would have caused considerable harm to the local companies that have shown great faith and support in this club in recent years," explained Mr Trew.

"My staff and I have been working tirelessly to not only assess the club's finances, but also to work out how best to resolve the underlying issues that exist and I am delighted to have reached the stage where I can make an informed decision on this matter.

"We now hope to move on from the troubles of the past, to focus on making Notts County Football Club a viable and attractive sporting institution once again and to build on our illustrious history to shape a brighter future for this great club."

Having made the decision to avoid administration, Mr Trew has also confirmed that former Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has been installed as manager for the remainder of the season.

"Steve Cotterill is a man that we know plenty about and who was always top of our list of preferred managers when we first took over at Notts County," Mr Trew added.

"Steve brings with him a wealth of experience both as a player and a manager and I believe that he has the pedigree to guide this club forward."

Cotterill's appointment comes following discussions with caretaker manager Dave Kevan, who had previously agreed to remain in charge if a suitable managerial appointment could not be made.

Notts County are delighted that Kevan has agreed to stay on in his previous role of assistant manager, to continue the fine work that he has done this season.

"Having spoken with Dave Kevan, it was agreed that the time was right to bring in an experienced manager to lead the team through the remainder of the season," said Mr Trew. "Whilst Dave was happy to continue in the role of caretaker manager for us until the end of the current campaign, the chance to secure Steve Cotterill's services was too good an opportunity to turn down.

"I'd like to once again thank Dave for all of the hard work that he has put in already this season and I am delighted that he has agreed to stay on as assistant manager."

Jim Rodwell, Chief Executive Officer at Notts County, was also delighted with the appointment, saying: "I know Steve well and I was delighted when he agreed to take on the role here at Notts County. Steve is a highly-motivated individual who knows how to get the best out of players and I am confident that he will bring a great deal to the club over the coming months.

"The players and coaching staff have put an enormous amount of effort into achieving their strong position in the table this season, but there is still a lot of hard work to be done and I believe that Steve's appointment, on the back of Ray's announcement today, will come as a huge boost to the club."

NEMA ADMINISTRACIJE, COTTERILL MENADZER !!! cheers
est 1862
est 1862

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm

terenska inicijativa wrote:Zelim sve najbolje najstarijem timu na svetu i da velike ambicije ne ostanu samo mrtvo slovo na papiru.A i ujedno da vam se javim.svaka cast na postojanju ovog foruma bounce
Hvala brate, trudimo se, a sebe smatraj pozvanim da dolazis redovno i pricas sa nama!

Odlicne vesti danas, nema administracije hvala bogu...

I jos jedan info, vecerasnja utakmica sa Darlingtonom je otkazana zbog losih vremenskih uslova u Darlu, koji je na severu Engleske..steta, noseni elanom zbog ove odluke, igraci bi razneli Darlo jedno 5-0 Very Happy
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

http://nottscountysrb.forumsr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:06 pm

meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:08 am

March 2, 2010 7:45 pm
Notts County v Macclesfield Town
March 6, 2010 3:00 pm
Accrington Stanley v Notts County
March 9, 2010 7:45 pm
Notts County v Chesterfield
March 13, 2010 3:00 pm
Notts County v Bournemouth
March 20, 2010 3:00 pm
Crewe Alexandra v Notts County
March 23, 2010 7:45 pm
Bradford City v Notts County
March 27, 2010 3:00 pm
Notts County v Rotherham United
April 3, 2010 3:00 pm
Notts County v Bury
April 5, 2010 3:00 pm
Shrewsbury v Notts County
April 10, 2010 3:00 pm
Northampton Town v Notts County
April 13, 2010 7:45 pm
Notts County v Lincoln City
April 17, 2010 3:00 pm
Notts County v Morecambe
April 20, 2010 3:00 pm
Notts County v Rochdale
April 24, 2010 3:00 pm
Port Vale v Notts County
May 1, 2010 3:00 pm
Notts County v Cheltenham Town
May 8, 2010 3:00 pm
Torquay United v Notts County

Prilicno dobar raspored za nas, od tezih gostovanja imamo Accrington i Shrewsbury, pa ajde i Crewe... kuci od derbija imamo Bury, Rochdale, Bournemouth...
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Pos Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 • Rochdale 34 21 6 7 70 31 39 69
2 • Bournemouth 35 19 6 10 42 34 8 63
3 • Bury 34 17 9 8 42 37 5 60
4 ↑ Notts County 31 16 9 6 65 25 40 57
5 ↑ Chesterfield 33 18 3 12 47 39 8 57
6 ↓ Rotherham United 33 16 8 9 46 38 8 56
7 ↓ Shrewsbury 35 15 10 10 47 40 7 55
8 ↑ Northampton Town 35 14 10 11 52 45 52
9 ↓ Aldershot Town 34 14 9 11 51 44 7 51
10 ↓ Dagenham & Redbridge 34 14 9 11 47 43 51

Zar ovo vec ne izgleda bolje? Laughing

Elem, dobio sam poklon od prijatelja iz Nottinghama, Tony-a, koji je ujedno i clan ovog foruma. Velikodusno je poslao sal i kapu, i bedz Notts-a na cemu sam mu vecno zahvalan!! Smile Thank you, Tony!
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 am

1,500 tickets handed out

Notts County Football Club has given away 1,500 tickets to local schools and colleges for Monday evening's match against Bournemouth.

With the game being aired live on Sky Sports, the club wants to get as many people into the stadium as possible to create a carnival atmosphere in front of the cameras.

Chief executive Jim Rodwell felt that it would be an ideal opportunity to give the city's children the chance to watch the team in action, rather than on the television.

He explained: "It's a great chance for those that might not usually come down to watch us play live.

"We hope that they will come along, enjoy the evening and maybe even come back as fans for future games."

He added: "It looks like it's going to be a fantastic game and I hope that fans will turn out in force.

"They've been brilliant since I've been here and I know that it's helping the players to achieve on the pitch."

The match will kick-off at 7.45pm on Monday evening.
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 am

Darlington date confirmed

Notts County Football Club have had confirmation that the away fixture with Darlington has been rearranged.

Originally set to take place on February 23, the game was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

This has now been rescheduled for 7.45pm on Tuesday, April 27 at the Darlington Arena.
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Schmeichel only cares about promotion – not his future

KASPER Schmeichel today said winning promotion with Notts County is all he cares about at the moment – not his future.

The 23-year-old keeper (pictured) looks set to be sold in the summer to cut the wage bill at Meadow Lane.

Magpies' boss Steve Cotterill revealed last week a club had enquired about the former Denmark Under-21 international since he took charge last month.

But Schmeichel is focused purely on helping Notts clinch automatic promotion in League Two.

"We have got too many important games that need more focus than my own future," he said. "We'll have to see what happens in the summer.

"I don't know which club has made an enquiry but if there is interest it's great because it means I'm doing the right things. It's flattering. But it's not really important to me at the moment and I don't pay any attention to it.

"I haven't got enough energy to focus on that and play football."

Schmeichel is confident the Magpies can finish in the top-three under Cotterill. They have won the first four games of his reign, against Hereford, Macclesfield, Accrington and Chesterfield – scoring ten goals and conceding none.

They are now only one point outside the automatic promotion places, with three games in-hand on Bournemouth and Bury who are in second and third place, and two on league leaders Rochdale.

"He (Cotterill) demands perfection from every player and when you have somebody like that in charge you are on your toes all of the time and you don't want to let him down," added Schmeichel.

"He has instilled a confidence in the team. I have been very impressed with him in the short time he's been here.

"He's very passionate and enthusiastic, and he's brutally honest. I like managers like that.

"He hasn't changed a lot but he's subtly tweaked a few things here and there.

"The play-offs are the dreaded scenario. We are going to do everything in our power to make sure we go up automatically."
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Notts tight-lipped over price-tag

NOTTS County are staying tight-lipped about the price-tag on Kasper Schmeichel's head, amid reports he is a target of Premier League clubs Blackburn and Birmingham City.

The former Denmark Under-21 international keeper is attracting interest from other clubs because of his fine form for the Magpies this season.

He has kept 16 clean-sheets in 32 games to help Notts into second place in the League Two table with 11 games left.

He was also named League Two player of the month for October.

Notts look certain to sell Schmeichel in the summer, because they cannot afford his wages – but had still not received any offers for the 23-year-old.

Blackburn, who are managed by former Magpies' boss Sam Allardyce, have been linked with a £1m move for him. Birmingham are also said to be interested, if they fail to re-sign Joe Hart on loan next season.

"There has been interest, but no offers," said the Magpies' boss Steve Cotterill.

"I will never tell anybody the value of a player, whether its one I want or one I want to get rid of.

"I don't want to get rid of Kasper, but he will get snapped up.

"I absolutely don't know when, it might be this year, next year or next week.

"He's a great kid, who should not be playing at this level."

Schmeichel joined Notts from Manchester City on a five-year deal last August.

He only played eight Premier League games in six years for City, and was loaned to five clubs – Darlington, Bury, Falkirk, Cardiff and Coventry.

He has kick-started his career at Meadow Lane.

"He wasn't going to get in at Manchester City, there were too many keepers ahead of him and he was a young boy," added Cotterill.

"He has matured immensely since he came to Notts County. He will be the first to say that this club has been fantastic for him, and he has been very good for the club too.

"It has given him a fantastic shop window at a great club, and he has grown-up.

"I remember him when he was at Cardiff and Coventry, the boy has matured so much."
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:09 pm

WE DID IT!

Cestitam svim navijacima svraka na ulasku u trecu ligu Engleske !!!

cheers
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadow lane Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Poraz od Port Vale-a u gostima 2-1 ali uprkos tome smo bezbedili prvo mesto!!
meadow lane
meadow lane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2